1702

General Bussy de Rabutin, the supreme commander of the imperial troups from Transylvania, orders his mercenaries to attack Rimetea. A big number of the villagers were brutaly killed because of their support offered to Ferenc Rákóczi II. 

András Ekhart and Gergely Szabó protested against this violent act, but thez were hanged in the main square of Rimetea. To comemorate the bloodiest day in the history of the village, all the window sills were painted in red. 

1643

Zsigmond Thoroczkay builds a church in Coltesti. The latin stone plate with his blason can still be seen on the defense wall of the church.

1670 – This date is embedded in the wall of the church’s tower in Rimetea

1595

First preserved document regarding the existence of institutionalized education in Rimetea

1514

The Thoroczkay fortress from Coltesti is destroied during the peasants rebellion. Ferenc Thoroczkay gets new documents from Ludovic the II, regarding the Diploma of donation by which Thoroczkoy family and his descendants are the rightful posessors of the fortress and the lands in Trascau Valley.

1470

The first documentary attestation of iron processing at Rimetea

XII-XIII century

At the end of the XII th century and the begining of the XIII th century, the Thoroczkay family started the construction of the Fortress near Coltesti.

1289-1290

The settlement of Rimetea is documented for the first time under the name of Turuskou.

Andrew the III, king of hungarian land, allows romanian population to settle on Trascau Valey, so two villages were born: Izvoarele and Valisoara

1241

Because of tatar invasion, Turda’s Fortress is conquered and Ákos family starts ruling all the lands from Trascau Valley, putting his domain under the patronage of Saint George.

Szent György (Saint George) became the hungarian name of Coltesti village and in the XIII-th century pilgrim monks visit the place and build here chappels and praing spots. 

 

106-900

106-275 On Sekler’s Stone was set up a roman vigil point equipped with poles for fire signaling
700-800 Slavic population settled among Trascaului Valley, some local toponymy proves their existence in the region

Toroszkó(Rimetea) comes from trosk=iron slag or trescavi=to scream, Buru comes from bor=mountain, Lunca means stone quarry

895-900 Hungarian population settles among Trascaului and Aries valley